07 Oct, 2022
NISC APPROVES STRATEGIC INVESTMENT PROJECTS.
The Tanzania's National Investment steering Committee (NISC) has met today to deliberate on eight projects which applied for special strategic investment status and strategic investment status.
The approved projects includes 8 new projects valued at 1.1bn USD all falling under Government's priority sector of agriculture and Industries. The projects are:
1. Kilombero Sugar new Kilombero 4 Mill project at Kilosa Morogoro
2. Mufindi Paper Mills Greenfield Sugarcane plantation and Sugar milling factoty at Kasulu Kigoma
3. Wild flower grain and edible oil Mills at Manguanjuki Singida
4. Sinotan Kibaha Industrial Park project at Kwala Kibaha Coast
5. MW Rice Milers Ltd at Kihonda Morogoro
6. Lodhia Steel Ltd new roofing sheets Plant at Mkuranga Coast
7. Oil Com Ltd new LPG storage and processing plant at Kurasini Dar es Salaam
8. Lake Cement Ltd new OPC Cement plant at Kigamboni Dar es salaam.
The 8 approved strategic investment projects are valued at 1.1 billion USD.
NISC commended efforts by TIC to attract strategic investment projects and its exemplary facilitation services to Investors in Tanzania. NISC urged all public Entities responsible for serving investors to always strive to enhance their service provisions in term of time and cost of services.
34th NISC meeting was attended by Hon Ministers from various portfolios as members and was Chaired by Hon Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa Majaliwa and the secretariet was led the TIC Ag EXD Mr. Revocatus A. Rasheli