- THE TANZANIA INVESTMENT CENTRE grants Certificates of Incentives under authority conferred upon it by Part III, Section 17 (1-8) of Tanzania Investment Act, 1997. Holders of certificate of incentives are entitled to various investment incentives as stipulated in the Investment Act, 1997
- Enterprises engaging or intending to engage in Mining and Petroleum Sectors shall follow the approval process contained in their respective laws (Mining Act 2010 & Petroleum Act 2015). However, the Centre upon request shall assist all investors to obtain permits and authorization required by other laws to set up and operate investment in Tanzania.
- Local investors; the Minimum investment value for a Projects should be at least US$ 100,000 for projects which are wholly owned by Tanzanian Citizen(s)
- Foreign investors; the minimum investment value of a project should be at least US$ 500,000 for projects which are wholly owned by foreign investors or if a joint venture
How to Apply
Issuance of Certificate of incentives is guided by the section 17(1-8) of Tanzania Investment Act, 1997. The following documents in pdf format should be submitted through subscribing in TIC project registration portal https://onestopshop.tic.go.tz/
- A certified copy of the Certificate of company Incorporation
- A copy of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- A dully filled TIC application forms which are issued by the Centre
- Project business plan
- Evidence of sufficient finance capital available to implement the project
- Evidence of project location
- Company Board Resolution to register the project with TIC.
- An overall covering letter to which all the above are attached.
Payment of facilitation fee of US$ 1100 is charged