Tanzania’s tourism industry accounts for about 24.0 % of its exports and 17.2% of GDP.This is a fast growing sector that offers plenty of investment opportunities.
- Average length of stay: 10-11 days
- Average Expenditure per tourist: US$355 (package tours) and US$247 (non-package tours)
- 22 National Parks,
- 1 Conservation Area
- 2 Game Reserves,
- 44 Game Controlled Areas,
- 4 Ramsar/Wetland Sites,
- 33 Wildlife Management Areas,
- 6 Nature Reserves
- Tourism icons:
- Kilimanjaro Mountain – 5,895 Meters High - is the highest free-standing mountain in the World and highest in Africa
- Ngorongoro Crater is among the World Heritage Sites
- Serengeti National Park with Animal Migration – the leading National Park in Africa in 2019, 2020 and 2021.